Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet speeds

Default Internet speeds

We had DSL from Yahoo(now AT&T) for a while before I realized that they were cheating us with 20kb/s download speeds. Called them and complained and they bumped it up to 40 kb/s. Then a year later complained some more and massively upped the speed to 150 kb/s average download speed. All that seems to happen is you talk to an Indian support tech, then they transfer you to American tech guy who can actually change stuff and after 2 minutes of waiting it's all done. Anyone else have this experince with them?

Well I'm running around the boring 56kbps, but I can't really do anything about it.

And there's no real reason for you to say an Indian guy can't help you. Indian people are moving forward at alarming speeds in the technology field, and I'm sure the guy you had knew more than you thought.
    Carve my name into concrete, so that they know that I'm Alive

Oh I am sure that he did, but I have called AT&T tech support and all they do is read from a script. No matter when you call or who you call it is always the same thing. Reset modem, restart computer, etc. and if those simple fixes don't work you always get transferred.

I had the same one. Just log into your modem they give you for dsl and check if its right upstream/downstream, if not complain about it not being the same as advertised, and if lines are good to house, and your connection is stable with it, your good.

Took me 5 days, 2help tickets, 2 online sessions of chatting, 1 southern colored lady later from tech support i am pimpin now.

How much racism are you guys gonna pour into this thread? >_>
    Watch what you guys are saying, this is your first verbal warning.
    Carve my name into concrete, so that they know that I'm Alive

Well I used to have DSL but it was very slow. I did complain a lot for few months until one of the representatives finally was honest with me and told me that I was close to the end of the towers reaching point therefore my signal wasn't as strong, so I had to switch to local cable company which is a ripoff but the speed went up to normal.

Have a look here mate if you want your intenet speed calculated, normal is very different to your supposedly normal download speed imo.

www.speedtest.net

I am on 8MB broadband, the maximum download i get is 4.5GB

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Nixx View Post
    Have a look here mate if you want your intenet speed calculated, normal is very different to your supposedly normal download speed imo.

www.speedtest.net

I am on 8MB broadband, the maximum download i get is 4.5GB
    Thanks for the link, Jamie. Cool site. I never knew hoe fast my connection was but it seems I didn't do so bad for my first test:

Download Speed: 8317 kb/s
    Upload Speed: 2037 kb/s

Cool site!
    9721 dl
    1615 ul
    Love my comcast cable

9363/648 for me.