PDA

View Full Version : starting to get frustrated...

darkscorp
01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
putting together my first system, and things aren't working out the way i'd hoped, maybe one (or more) of you can steer me in the right direction. the specs:

antec 900
gigabyte p35c-ds3r
geforce 8800gt
e6750 duocore with stock fan
corsair xms2 1gb x2 sticks

and also, for purposes of this question, i'm using an old crt connected with a dvi to vga adapter

my first, first boot problem was the loud steady beep, which i realized was the result of the power connection to the video card not being plugged in, i plugged that in, but the cord is a "Y" and i'm not sure if one, or both of the power connectors need to be attached, seems to work ok either way. anyway, that fixed the beep.

now, the roadblock i'm at is when i power up the system, all lights, fans etc come on like they should, but no beep of any sort, no signal sent to monitor, and i've also noticed i'm not even getting power to usb mouse or keyboard. i've tried moving around my ram, trying only one chip etc, cleared cmos both by the jumpers, and by pulling the battery, concerned about possible shorts, i pulled all 6 screws and currently just have the comp on it's side so mobo stays in place. i'm using an adapter from dvi to vga so i can use my old crt monitor, and i've tried both available slots, but don't think thats it, since there is no beep at all when i power up. all i've seen on the monitor for the last 2 hours is the test pattern... help!

bad mobo? what am i missing here? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)