PDA

View Full Version : so confused

iiiprimeiii
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
i am having a really hard time picking out a mother board for new comp build. i am going with the new q6600 intel processer and 2gb corsair xms2 ram...............and so on. it seems like all mother boards i look at have a 50 50 of reviews being good and bad. just wondering what some people think and are maybe using that they have been happy with.

Jamie Nixx
01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
The best motherboard out now is is probably the Asus P5K-C, bombproof reliability, very stable overclocker and has more features than almost any other motherboard out now, it also supports DDR2 memory up to PC-8500 and DDR3 memory as well, plus its cheap.

The only bad reviews i have seen are from noobs who say ram doesn't work with it, when memory doesn't wor its often to do with the Voltage, all or most Asus boards have 1.8v as default, and its hit and miss whether your memory will run, but if you increase the voltage to 2.1v (takes aout 2 seconds) all memory will run flawlessly.

Get one, i doubt you will be disappointed :D

iiiprimeiii
01-03-2008, 02:27 PM
that is the one i was gonna get then i changed my mind to the gigabyte ga p35c cuz someone on here said that was a good one and the reviews semmed a tad better on it over the asus. what mobo/cpu r u using??

Jamie Nixx
01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I own both of these motherboards.

The Gigabyte is a simple board, great but simple, not many problems if any.

The Asus is a better board though, and tbh i think the Asus is just a reliable, i didn't have to change any volts, i just put my Corsair in and it was fine.

The Asus is more an enthusiasts and Gaming board, whereas the Gigabyte is still a great gaming board but is a bit plain.

If your worried, get the Gigabyte, chances are you won't notice any difference, between the two.