PDA

View Full Version : having a small problem with build

darkscorp
01-03-2008, 01:28 AM
putting together my new system (first time builder), and i'm having a hard time getting the i/o ports on my mobo to match cleanly with the new plate i installed. i don't want to sound too obsessive-compulsive, because it does "fit" just not as centered as i would have hoped, specifically the mouse and keyboard plugs, which i expect i'll actually have to wiggle a bit to get plugged in. do i just have a warped mobo? is it something else?

using a gigabyte-p35c-ds3r in an antec 900.

also, unless i'm missing something, i'm not seeing any reference to firewire on this board, does this board not support it? and if so, should i just tuck the front panel connection somewhere out of the way and be done with it? or is there another option?

*and* finally...

the cpu fan that came with my e6750 didn't come with any thermal paste, and the directions didn't say anything about it. the bottom of the fan did have some gummy stuff on it already, is that just in lieu of hand applied paste?

thanks

The Wise Monkey
01-03-2008, 04:42 AM
1. Make sure you have all the screws in properly - one may be slightly loose. Even so, you don't really need to worry. As long as the rear faceplate sits on OK, there's really no problem.

2. According to Gigabyte's website, your motherboard does not support firewire, so just tuck the cable out of the way so it is not touching any components.

3. The stock Intel fan comes with thermal paste pre-applied - the four strips on the bottom. You don't really need to worry about applying your own thermal paste unless you plan to overclock, in which case you will probably need a new fan as well.

Hope this helps. :)

partyman97_3
01-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey WM, as far as the OC, do you recommend a particular cpu fan? Thanks

Jamie Nixx
01-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Cheap fan, great overclocker, AC Freezer 7 Pro :D