PDA

View Full Version : ATI Video Cards (tell me if this is true or not)

DemonicDerek
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Ok my friend at school who is pretty talented at school with computers (or so he says) and a couple of days ago I told him about the computer I am planning to build. When I mentioned that I was going to use an ATI video card he said "Why would you want one of those?"
I responded "Because it is an excellent Graphics Card"
He said "Well I would get Nvidia cards because ATI cards will explode unless you have a water cooling system in your computer."
I'm like "No Way!"
ect...

Please tell me if what he said is true and just for clarity this is what I mean:

True or False:

ATI Cards will explode or damage the inside of your computer in any way unless the computer has a water cooling system installed in it.

However the computer that I am planning to build will include this kind of cooling:
4 120mm fans (2 are outputs, 1 is in the middle of the computer in this tunnel like thing that is in between the power supply and Hard drives, and the other is an intake fan).
1 80mm fan- intake

Rob
03-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Of course that's not true.

DemonicDerek
03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I knew it! I just wanted toget clarifiaction on that because the way he said it sounded like he was a nvidia graphic card fanboy and nvidia spread some propogandic lie like that.

dadbuilt
07-27-2007, 04:03 AM
ATI - Nvidia I've used them both as you go up the ladder in price they all work at higher quality rates but then there almost all we have and only sometime do they screwup and make a total crap card. There's a few but only a few.

dadbuilt
07-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Your friend sounds like a bit of an idiot. I've got one of those friends to. I always tell him your and idiot and your village is missing you. dad

The Wise Monkey
08-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Lol, thats one of the better rumours I've heard over the years... XD

You have nothing to worry about - he's either messing you around or is really dumb. :)