greenbud44
12-22-2007, 01:39 PM
CoolerMaster CM690
Intel D975XBX2
Intel 6550 Core 2 Duo
Corsair 2x1GB DDR2 XMS2 6400C5DHX
Ultra XFinity 500W
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first build and I can't get anything on the monitor. When I turn the power on, all the fans and leds work but nothing to the monitor and no beeps. I have tried all the suggestions in first boot problems and now have the mobo outside the case with just the cpu, memory and graphics card installed, still nothing. The only time I can get the mobo to beep is when no memory is installed it gives me three beeps. I have tried replacement memory and still nothing. The only thing I can see is when I hit the power button the cpu led on the mobo lights up red for a split second and then turns off. Could this be the problem? I have reinstalled the cpu and heatsink fan and see no damage. Thanks for any help.

The Wise Monkey
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
It sounds as if your PSU might be faulty - do you have a spare to try?

RickyTick
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
In the specifications listed for Corsair XMS2 DDR2 6400 ram, it says that it requires 2.1 volts. I had this same problem with my IP35Pro motherboard. After I made the change in the BIOS to 2.1v everything ran perfect. I hope its something that simple.

Best of luck.

greenbud44
12-23-2007, 04:08 AM
No I don't have any spare parts, why do you think the PSU is the problem? As for the volts I can't even get to BIOS yet, I wish it were that simple.

The Wise Monkey
12-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Oops, sorry - didn't read your post properly... XD

Firstly, check and double check all cables to make sure none have come loose. I think that it might be a problem with the motherboard, as it sounds as if it is getting no power. Does the CPU fan work?

greenbud44
12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah the cpu fan, the graphics card fan, psu fan, and all case fans work properly. The computer will stay running until I turn it off, I have left it on for over 10 minutes at a time. Would it shut down if the cpu was overheating?

The Wise Monkey
12-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Yes it would.

It sounds like it might be a problem with the motherboad. Try getting a replacement and see if it makes a difference.