donjiva
12-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Antec 900
GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
Intel E6750
Corsair 2x1gb pc6400
Hiper 580w
xfx nvidia 8800gt 512mb

hi, i just build my superpc, and somehow in my first boot, there is no beep and no video at all, but all the fans are working including the 8800gt and CPU.

i had tried swapping the RAM, tried putting just 1gb [i put them according to the position in the mob manual], rechecked and re-assembled the CPU and heatsink, took out and re-place the video card and Mobo. clearing the CMOS by putting screwdriver between the pin, took out the battery for about 2 minutes.

few questions:
1. do i need to connect the harddrives to make bios boot? i disconnect the harddrive because i want to make things simple.
2.i noticed that the SATA cable that is provided by the mobo is kinda weird, is it defective?
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/787/88822167hu7.th.jpg (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88822167hu7.jpg)

i dont know what's wrong, i'm so confused! is the biggest possibility is a defective mobo? i want to make sure first before i send it back to newegg. thanks !!

Jamie Nixx
12-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Thats not a SATA cable, thats an IDE cable and no its fine.

Plug in the Harddrives.

donjiva
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
still did not work.
just curious, do u need a harddrive to do BIOS boot?

JasonG
12-19-2007, 05:20 PM
still did not work.
just curious, do u need a harddrive to do BIOS boot?

No you don't. You don't need the video card either. I'd make sure that all power cables are in place and secured properly. Is there a LED on the mobo? Mine has one that indicates when the mobo is getting power. It glows even when the computer is off.

donjiva
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
there is no led on the mobo, but the CPU fan is working, and the CPU fan cable is connected to the mobo, so i think the mobo get the power. is your mobo the same as mine? how do u get a signal on the monitor if you do not connect the dvi cable to the videocard? when u want to do bios boot, u need a monitor right? sorry i'm kinda confused

Jamie Nixx
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
You need the Video card for your monitor to display a picture.

Hmm everything is spinning up, is the monitor just on standby?

Try booting with only one stick of ram in slot A.

Check and then double check every connection, make sure EVERYTHING is plugged in and as it should be, refer to the motherboard manual and make sure the jumpers are all in the correct position.

donjiva
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
i already did one RAM in slot A and tried swapping the RAm, tried one RAM on slot B nothing works :(

yeah i already checked every connection :( i spend nearly 4 hours reconnecting everything etc. argh i already got the 8800gt and now i cannot play any game in my new pc for my holiday!!

tomorrow i will replace the motherboard to newegg. oh well i guess i have to wait till new year to play in my new pc :(

bassie
12-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Hee Donjivo, i have the same problem, same motherboard.
Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
Intel Q6600 core 2 Quad
2x DDR2 1GB Crucial Ballistix

PCI VGA card: XFX GF FX5200 256MB DDR TV DVI PCI

I get no boot beeps and no video

My experience is that the minimal requirements for a motherboard to boat are:

Processor
memory
VGA

Disk is not needed for first boot

if one of processor/memory/vga is not there it should beep in some kind of order.

I think the board doesn't recognize a PCI VGA card, but that's my gues?

My board doesn't beep at all, and i too have no Video.

If you found a solution please help me.

Bassie

tumbleweed357
12-22-2007, 05:28 AM
donjiva:

Although I used the MSI-K9N-Platinum SLI mobo in my 2nd build it had a plug-in directly on the board itself which was extra power for my video card-in addition to the connection on the card itself. I used the 8800GTS 320mb. I just supplied a 12-V connector to it the 1st time and when I was ready to push the pwr button I had my 1st boot with no problem.

I don't know if your board has this extra power connection but it is worth a try.
Since the 1st boot requires few hardware but there's a lot of connections though, like Jamie says, EVERY CONNECTION should be verified.
Good luck!

bassie
12-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Hee tumbleweed, that was indeed the problem.
Thanks system is now running.
Maybe donjiva has the same 12V connection, sounds like the same problem.

I overlooked the12V connector because it was hidden under my big zalman cooler, so i forgot to connectit to the 12V ATX supply. Stupid.

tumbleweed357
12-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Glad I could help. Merry Christmas!