PDA

View Full Version : Off-the-Rack w/ mucho drive bays

karmakelli
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't have the time (or frankly inclination) to assemble my own PC, but I need a better system for my large and still-growing video library. It doesn't need to be the fastest, nor have the best video card since I output to TV -- I also don't really care about noise and won't need a monitor -- but it will be on 24/7 and require lots of hard drive space in a combination of SATA/PATA (I currently have 5 internal/external drives for combined 2 Tbyte, and will add at least 2 Tbyte additional in the next couple of years).

My wonkness is limited :o -- I can install hard drives, but would like the dozen or so power & data cables to be included and ready-to-roll. Any suggestions where I could get a pre-assembled system like this? Anybody wanna build it and ship to L.A.? Thanks for any help.

Rob
01-31-2007, 07:26 AM
It sounds like you need add a server.

Dell makes servers, and Dell is who I always recommend to anyone who is looking to buy a desktop computer.

Fastphoto
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
It sounds like you need add a server.

Dell makes servers, and Dell is who I always recommend to anyone who is looking to buy a desktop computer. I agree that he needs a server 100%. I just finished building my first computer, Asus MB, 2 IBM 120 gig HD, 2 Seagate ATA (320 Gig), 2 gig ram, and install an ATA controler for additional storage. I followed all of your advice and it booted without a hitch. The only thing I had to do was install drivers for the gigabite installed LAN. This computer is for Windows Home Server. My local computer dealer provided me additional assistance obtained anything I could not find. My only problem is adding the computer model to the system. Perhaps someone may be able to help.

Thanks,

Walt

"If it works, work on it until it stops working.":)