PDA

View Full Version : Ram problem

RedWin gFan
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I purchased an Acer T180. It came with 512 Ram. I purchased a stick of 1 gb and installed it into the computer. I have 4 ram slots. Two are orange in color and two are purple incase this helps anyone. I tried to boot the computer with the 512 in the first slot and the 1 gb in the second. The computer proceeded to boot and the screen was extremely blocky/blurry/fuzzy and it froze and this point. I then switched positions of the sticks and it did not boot at all. It just beeped. However when ever I used either stick independantly each one worked fine. So I am currently using the 1 gb stick. I believe they are both ddr2 pc4200. I want to purchase another ! gb stick of Ram but I don't want to be stuck with it if there is a problem. I am running Vista Basic 32 bit. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

RWF

Dubl
12-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I had the same problem with my computer last year. In my case, Kingston customer service told me that the computer would only boot if all RAM chips were the same size (i.e. all 512 or all 1gb) This fixed the problem but a shame to toss perfectly good memory.