PDA

View Full Version : BSoD Loading Vista

guitto
12-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Salutations,

I recently built a computer with:

AMD 6400+ Black Edition (Cooled by Zalman 9700 @ full speed)
4096mb Corsair XMS 2 DDR2 Dual Channel (1g sticks x 4)
Western Digital 250g IDE HDD
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
MSI NX8800 Ultra (x2)
Asus DVD Writer (SATA Hookup)
Enermaz Galaxy 1000w PSU
Creative Xifi Pci-e x1 Sound Card

The problem:

After I built the machine, I checked all wires, etc. I turned it on and placed the Vista 64 Bit edition into the Drive. It loaded Vista correctly and fully. Upon the initial restart to initiate Win Vista for the first time, during the loading screen where one sees the little bar revolving in the small area with the Microsoft logo, it would go into the Blue Screen with error 0x000007E. I researched this and so I started in safe mode; safe mode loaded up until crcdisk.sys and then it collapsed. I researched this error and many users found that they rearranged the parts in their case such as plugging memory into a different slot etc. I did so, still no work. I remove one graphic card, the lower, and later the sound card, still nothing. Then I removed 2 sticks of the memory, still nothing. I even tried using a completely different, new HDD without any OS on it and I encountered another Blue Screen before I could even load the OS. I read on in the forums that discussed other people's solutions and they said to update the BiOS. I made a floppy with only the latest version of the BiOS. There is a utility in the Motherboard that allows you to flash the bios without entering the OS and so I did. Unfortunately, All I get is a black screen with a flashing " _ " at the top left corner of the screen; the only thing that shows up is the first Asus logo and motherboard name, then it enters this black screen.

For all the help, I would like to thank you in advance.
-Guitto