PDA

View Full Version : American blue express card

Cirndle
11-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Rob,

How do you use the features of the card you are talking about?
Like the protectiong and restocking fee and everything?

And it is the blue express and not the blue cash right?

What optional programs should I enter into?

Any help is appreciated since this would be my first credit card, but I am good about balances, and paying stuff off.

Thanks,
Crindle

Rob
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
It is not the Blue Cash card. The link I have on my home page takes you to the right card. After clicking through, on the left hand side of the page is a Learn More box. Look under "Insurance and Emergency Services". The services I mention are not optional services, they come with the card. I have not entered into any optional services with the card I have.

Cirndle
11-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Okay I get that but when you purchase from say newegg or amazon and use the card, then how do you invoke the insurance and stuff.

Rob
11-26-2007, 05:25 AM
It's automatic. If, for example, you need to return an item that you purchased using the card and the reseller won't take it back (after the 30-day return period or whatever) then get an e-mail from the reseller to that effect and then contact American Express to arrange a return to American Express. There's a toll free number on the back of the card to contact American Express.

Cirndle
11-29-2007, 08:22 PM
So does AE keep whatever you tried to return or where does it go if you get reimbursed?

Rob
11-30-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't know. It's theirs, so they can do what they like. They could dispose of it any number of ways.