PDA

View Full Version : Mysuperpcbook arrived Review inside

Cirndle
11-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Good afternoon Rob and other readers,

I recieved your book from lulu.com just yesterday. I finished reading it right now actually. I thought that the book was very informative, and a great guide to some difficult steps mainly the bios and cpu cooler section at least for me.

Note: It would have been awesome for you to include some online stores that you purchased from, and had good sucess as well as prices and grand total for builds, and what not.

Critiques: *Bare in mind I do not mean any disrespect*
I noticed the cover of your book is colored, but the pages are black and white making the examples circled in colors hard to see, but I know it cost more with color. My experience with lulu.com was pretty good, but make sure and get media mail since it is super cheap and works for books, and their tracking status isn't really helpful at all until it is past fulfilling and to shipped, then you get a code for usps or whatever your carrier. It arrived in good shaped, but 12 dollar shipping only gets you the book on a piece of card board, so say the money.

Anyways,
Rob I was going to tell you not that it really matters much, but your book has alot of typos in word spelling, and also word usage some wrong words used, and on your example I forget the page or example, but you reference to left example and right example in the pictures, but anyways you reference the left picture as the right in text as to what the usb 2.0 support in the device manager looks at.

I don't know if you really care, but this is what I thought about this book, but I will definatley be using it when I can get some money back from the many people who owe me alot of it.

1-5 rating, I give it a 4.5 because of the information would have been 5 without the editor errors.

Cheers,
Crindle

Rob
11-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the good words!

About the typos and grammar, I'd be interested in examples so I can correct them. Actually, writing the book corrected a lot of spelling and grammar errors on the web pages because Microsoft Word was kind enough to point them out! Since this is a Lulu published book, there is no editor to proofread the book as happens with most published works. Still, assuming Microsoft Word was on top of things, it should be pretty good - but not perfect.

Cirndle
11-26-2007, 12:44 AM
If I get some spare time I will look them up for you.