PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I did!

I_Love_Me
11-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeap, I finished. One or two speed bumps along the way, but I've finally built my first computer. I gotta say it was alot of fun and I will almost certainly be building my next one on my own as well! While this may not be a massive supercomputer, I'm certain it will get the job done and I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

One question, though. It may have been answered previously in the forums, but how important is your 3d benchmark score? I scored a 7761 in 3DMark05, which ranked like 77% in all systems... What I was curious about is the "similar system comparison." I was like the 2nd or 3rd worst score and the lowest was like 7500's. Should this concern me at all?

I have the Asus P5N-E SLi, PNY 7900GS, Core 2 Duo 2.66MHz , 2gig Corsair RAM (sorry, I don't remember exact specs for each part). Feels good so far at least!

EDIT - Oh, and one more question. The mobo software included a program that can monitor temperature. My CPU has been running low 40s Celsius and my motherboard has been running high 30s-low 40s Celsius. These values seem alright to me, but I don't think it can hurt to double check :P

The Wise Monkey
11-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Congrats on completing your build. :)

What CPU do you have?

3DMark is a very bad way of judging your computer's performance as it relies a huge amount on the graphics card. If you want some decent benchmarking, try PCMark instead.

Jamie Nixx
11-22-2007, 03:53 PM
3DMark is poor so don't listen to anything it says and no its not important at all unless you like bragging about your score.

The CPU is an E6750.

And if you want a very good temp monitoring facility get core temp.

Your CPU you run at 30~35 DegC idle.

Oh and congrats on the build :D