PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for SATA Hard Drive

yuckms
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Recently I bought a new Toshiba laptop with SATA Hard Drive. I totally removed Win-Vista from the machine. It will boot into the BIOS where this HDD is listed. But I cannot load WinXP. It starts to load but gets to the screen where the following message is displayed;

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct. this may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. To quit setup press F3"

If I do not load either the Toshiba Recovery Disk or the WinXP O/S disk, it will boot to DOS with the following message;

"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8100E/8101E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02 (060529)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM"

Is there any way around this issue. I do NOT want Vista and I DO want XP. I have the other component drivers.
regards,
yuckMS:(

The Wise Monkey
11-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Have you formatted your HD? Try doing it again using the XP CD, and make sure you perform a full format rather than a quick one.

The reason you are getting that second message by the way is because your laptop is trying to boot from the network card, which I assume isn't connected. Try changing the boot order in the BIOS to put the CD-drive first.