PDA

View Full Version : I Have One more question.....

dmethoxibit
11-13-2007, 03:32 AM
This is a stupid question...but how do overclock my core duo e6550? i have vista and the nforce 680i SLI mobo and 2gb ddr2 pc6400 800 mhz ram. ntune doest have support for intel processors according to what ive read, so i dont want to use ntune. thank you all.

Jamie Nixx
11-13-2007, 04:58 AM
You should always overclock in the Bios, never use third party software to do it for you.

Google guide to overclocking or something similar and you should find all the info there.

In your Bios though you should have something called Auto overclock or A.I overclock in which you can overclock your CPU by 5%, 10%, 15% or 20% automatically.

Manually overclocking your CPU requires a great deal of knowledge as you need to increase PCI slot ports, set correct voltages as well as increasing the FSB.

The Wise Monkey
11-13-2007, 08:00 AM
I would advise against using the automatic overclocking facility as it automatically adjusts the voltage as well, sometimes causing too much to be pushed through the CPU, which could cause damage. I used this when I first started overclocking, and my CPU went up to 80C... :O

Jamie Nixx
11-13-2007, 08:42 AM
It only really messes a lot with the voltages if you A.I overclock by more than 15%.

I prefer to do everything manually though, much better :D