PDA

View Full Version : Please Helppppppppppppppp!

dmethoxibit
11-11-2007, 03:12 AM
this is my first time building a pc and im running in to some problems...

heres my build:

BFG nForce 680i SLI mobo
Samsung S-ATA 320 gb HDD
Intel Core Duo E6550 @ 2.33 ghz CPU
Evga Geforce 8800 GT Superclocked 512 mb GPU
Samsung COMBO DRIVE(dont know what model)
OCZ SLI-Ready 2gb dual channel 800 mhz (two modules=2gb) marked at 5-5-5-18 (iT) in BIOS. But on the moudle there marked as 4-4-4-15 (2t)
standard floppy drive, 3.5 inches
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
850 watt PSU
Windows Vista Home Premium.
Sceptre DCL 20.1" LCD Monitor
I have a bunch of funs, very good air flow, everything is running very cool, and even when i leave the comp on the air is slightly warm. CPU steady at 37 Celsius at 100%.

Ok here it goes. I first installed everything on the mobo, and everything had power and was running, but i got a no video signal from the monitor. I read about jumpers in the manual, so i moved it from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3. That worked for some reason and BIOS was working and i installed vista. I updated vista and all the drivers for my hardware. But i ran into a problem. WIndows needed to restart for the updates to take effect, but my comp wouldnt restart. It would turn off and back on and the monitor would say 'no video signal' and the on board lcd error code monitor said 32. i looked up 32 and it means 'set m/n/p value'.' i dont know what that means. so everytime i turn the comp off, i have to reset the jumper and clear CMOS and the comp will boot up again. thats the first problem. After all that i tried to install FEAR. right after that, the blue screen of death came up. I uninstalled FEAR and now it doesnt come up as much, but it still randomly does. Alsooooooo, anytime i try to open nTune or Nvidia Monitor, the computer instantly crashes and turns off. WIndows Aero is turned on. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THIS! any help is very apprecitated. thank you!

Jamie Nixx
11-11-2007, 04:06 AM
First of all, calm down mate ;)

Right ok, put the jumper in its correct position and take out the CMOS battery, leave it out for a while put it back in and turn on the computer, if the error code still shows or the computer fails to boot i would suggest contacting BFG.

This is a very strange problem so i think it would be best to contact them.

dmethoxibit
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
thank you for responding. i found the problem was that i had to configure bios to the right ram settings and now it boots fine. im still working out some issues, but one thats regular is the blue screen of death that says "bad_pool_header". i looked at a ton of forums but havent really found a solution but ill try some suggestions. thnx.