PDA

View Full Version : Ex-WoW'er Seeking Online Satisfaction

Flixster
11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Eek, that thread title seems more suited for match.com.

So, after playing WoW since beta, I recently left the game in high hopes for Hellgate:London. To sum up... Great game, needs some tweaking, BUT it lacks any form of social aspect. Most players I know play the game with their chat box closed. Seems a bit odd for an online action/RPG.

My search for a new MMO continued with a 10 day trial of DDO and LoTRO. Both decent games in their own way, but neither captured my attention like WoW did when I first started playing. So I wait...

On the horizon... Warhammer Online. I can't seem to stop crying about all the pushed back release dates. This game better be flawless.

But, in March we have my next attempt at online love. Age of Conan. If you haven't looked in to this game, I would highly suggest it. I haven't been this amped about a game since I first heard about Warhammer Online.

Until then, I need some good single players to hold me over. Any suggestions? I know Crysis is a must, but what about The Witcher? Anyone tried it? Cheers, and sorry about the long post, but games are my first love. ;)

Jamie Nixx
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM
You need to get out more lol ;) , i say that but if you saw how many computers and bits i have lying around my house i think i could put Dell out of business :eek: :D

Games to go for now, Call of duty 4, Half life 2 Ep2, Blacksite Area 51, Crysis is probably the hardest game to play right now, its a major system hog.

The Witcher looks great, not really my cup of tea though, i prefer FPS.

What rig are you running?

Flixster
11-10-2007, 11:34 AM
It's embarassing. I almost don't want to say. :p

My system right now won't run any of the latest games coming out, which makes it very hard for me to wait until February '08 to start building. Well, they will run the games, but not like I want to run them (nearly max settings). I realized this when I started turning up HG:L and my case melted. Not literally of course.

In a nutshell...

Pentium IV, 3.0ghz
4g RAM (Kingston, midline, 5300 maybe...hey, it was cheap, and this system is from before I knew anything about 'puters. :p )
Nvidia GeForce 6800 (Yes, I know, it was carved out of stone. Surprisingly, I've been very pleased over the years.)
19" Proview LCD (gift from brother, actually performs better than the 19" Dell)
And then the array of gaming mice, boards, sound system, headsets. You're a gamer, you know about this obsession. :p

Jamie Nixx
11-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh yes that i do, i recently got myself a Zboard Merc, ultimate gaming keyboard, nuff said.

I know the temptation to build can be overwhelming, you want to play games, but its better if you wait for new and better things to come out, although having said that unless your a millionaire you will always be playing catch up, a computer that is the absolute business one week will be old news another week, its a very expensive hobby :rolleyes:

Flixster
11-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh nice, someone who owns the Merc board! That's actually the board I was going to get next.

Mind sharing some pros/cons? Looks a tad bulky in some of the pics I've seen, but other than that, it seems impressive.

Jamie Nixx
11-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Its only about 3 inches wider than a standard keyboard so its not too big, the butterfly controls on the side take some getting used to but once you do, its brillaint especially in FPS it makes a huge difference, your fingers automatically sit on the keys you need to use.

You can also custom tune them to each game you play.

The keys do feel slightly squashed i must admit but to be honest i don't really notice it.

Chromeburn
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I play MMO's, but I always get bored with them. They just get so repetitive and all seem the same. I have played EQ, EQ2, Wow, Eve, Vanguard, and a bunch more. Wow was fun, but just too cartoony, I don't like the graphics at all. I am pretty much not playing anything, and am waiting for Age of Conan. I am a big fan of Howard's pulp fiction and can't wait to see it translated into a gorgeous looking game. I will be building a new system in Feb in anticipation (that and my old comp is five years old).

In the meantime I play some 360 games to get me by. Halo, and the new Mass Effect will keep me busy for awhile.

The Wise Monkey
11-15-2007, 06:11 PM
If you are looking for a free online RPG, have a look at this:

http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63150642

me28791
06-25-2008, 03:44 AM
I got to say Stargate:Worlds IMO Fps/MMORpg not relesed yet but in beta looks really awesome

TitanAura
10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
If it's social interaction you want then stay far away from Age of Conan because everyone who plays is a homocidal maniac due to how they set up the first 20-ish levels of playing time. Every player is a "chosen one" so everybody goes around either killing everything or run away assuming you'll do the same.