holcikam
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi folks. I come to you with two questions.
The first is the former part of the title. Where can I go to learn about chipsets and how they work and what makes a chipset good vs. bad, etc. Is is simply experience, or are there things to look for?
The second part is that I'm still tossing up the Asus P5N-E and I've heard good things about the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R. I've hard bad things from people about the P5N due to memory and bios issues(alot of them) and then wherever I look for info ont he Gigabyte board - as none of my friends actually own it - I see poor reviews on it.
So help me decide! I don't have any plan to SLI graphics cards, plan to use SATA HD, am not looking to get a sound card (well maybe if the OB ones really stink). Don't decide for me, but help me make an educated decision is what I'm really asking I guess.
As always, thanks!
The first is the former part of the title. Where can I go to learn about chipsets and how they work and what makes a chipset good vs. bad, etc. Is is simply experience, or are there things to look for?
The second part is that I'm still tossing up the Asus P5N-E and I've heard good things about the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R. I've hard bad things from people about the P5N due to memory and bios issues(alot of them) and then wherever I look for info ont he Gigabyte board - as none of my friends actually own it - I see poor reviews on it.
So help me decide! I don't have any plan to SLI graphics cards, plan to use SATA HD, am not looking to get a sound card (well maybe if the OB ones really stink). Don't decide for me, but help me make an educated decision is what I'm really asking I guess.
As always, thanks!