View Full Version : Best Gaming Case

Redmare
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Okay I've done the research and I've narrowed it down to these guys:

Antec 900
Antec P182
CoolerMaster CM690
Ultra Black Aluminus

I've read reviews upon reviews and there are pros and cons to all of them. What's the best overall case for gaming? One that's got good cooling, has a good cable management system, easy to upgrade (ie. removable mobo trays, tool-less design), good for overclocking, etc. Any suggestions besides the ones mention above? I've been researching this for the past couple of days but I still haven't found a good all-around gaming case. This is the only component I'm super picky about! lol

Jamie Nixx
11-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Antec 900 for gaming and ultimate cooling.

I have the 900 but personally i would recommend the Antec P182.

Redmare
11-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Antec 900 for gaming and ultimate cooling.

I have the 900 but personally i would recommend the Antec P182.

Yeah I've been bouncing back and forth between the 900, P182 and the CM690. I hear the 690 trumps the 900 because it's much easier to work with and the cable management system is better. Plus it's got better cooling because there's more room for fans.

Having said that, the P182 looks so sleek and I hear it's super quiet which I like but having a super quiet case is not that important to me. I'm also looking for something that will allow me to upgrade easily. The Ultra seems to provide that. Check out the review from TigerDirect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRYwviezQM

Argghhhh this is driving me crazy! lol I should just go with eeny meeny miny moe...

Jamie Nixx
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
The 900 is the best air cooling case in the world, BAR none, just to clear that up ;)

All the cases will allow you to upgrade easily, in fact i would say the P182 even wins that.

The thing that lets the 900 down is the fact that the PSU sits at the bottom of the case, BUT, this is for good reason, hot air rises, so it can be extracted by the huge fan at the top, the Antec P182 has the same layout but because the PSU is sectioned off this makes better cable management.

For me its a 900 v P182 competition, the others do not compare.

zzzzzomg
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
THe 900 looks better. If u want style, go for 900.
Hmm, hey, do they release new case often? That looks good.

But, It's not a tooless case =(

Redmare
11-08-2007, 11:21 PM
The 900 is the best cooling case in the world, BAR none, just to clear that up ;)

All the cases will allow you to upgrade easily, in fact i would say the P182 even wins that.

The thing that lets the 900 down is the fact that the PSU sits at the bottom of the case, BUT, this is for good reason, hot air rises, so it can be extracted by the huge fan at the top, the Antec P182 has the same layout but because the PSU is sectioned off this makes better cable management.

Yeah I noticed how the PSU is sectioned off in the P182. I've heard some complaints about the cable management in the 900 because of the PSU being on the bottom but I find that there's a lot of support online on how to manage that properly. Despite the few bad reviews I've read about the 900, it's still a very popular case with a lot of online support!

It seems like the other complaints about the 900, like the top VGA slot issue and the annoying screw holes, were addressed by Antec and fixed in a new revision of the case so the bad reviews I've read are probably a little out of date.

I do want a good cooling case, and if you're saying it's the BEST cooling case in the world...well then I guess for now I'm leaning more towards the 900... ;)

Redmare
11-08-2007, 11:23 PM
THe 900 looks better. If u want style, go for 900.
Hmm, hey, do they release new case often? That looks good.

But, It's not a tooless case =(

I know!!! Those LED fans look so sexy. Yes, that's right. Sexy.

The Wise Monkey
11-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Say all you want, but I still love my Thermaltake Tsunami case. :D

dmethoxibit
11-29-2007, 03:09 AM
The 900 is the best air cooling case in the world, BAR none, just to clear that up ;)

whata about this case? http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811103014

RickyTick
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Picking out a case is often just a personal preference. I struggled with it too.

I have the 900 and am very happy with it. One thing that helped me decide was watching the video reviews on 3dgameman.com with Rodney Reynolds. Very informative and entertaining.

Another thing about cases. I personally don't like a front door/panel. It can be aggrevating having to open that door everytime you need to put in a DVD. Plus its in the way sometimes depending on your desk.

Jamie Nixx
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
I have had a lot of cases, the 900 has been by far one of the best i have had, the air cooling it offers is second to maybe only one case around, and that costs an arm and a leg.

Spiffs
12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm going to buy the Antec 900 since it's the best for cooling and it looks awesome, love the side window and blue lights. If you want to see a spec comparison then:

Antec 900 (http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=011391&cid=CS.664)

Antec P182 (http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=013501&cid=CS.664)

It's up to you but I would get the 900 :)

Redmare
12-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Well I guess we have a winner. I hear both good and bad things about the Antec 900 but the good seems to outweigh the bad. Since I don't see many posts in this thread refuting this, I guess it's safe to say that the Antec 900 IS one the best gaming cases out there! Now that I've got the case out of the way, I can concentrate on getting everything else. Thanks for the help!

The Wise Monkey
12-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Glad you made your decision. :)

But I still argue that my Thermaltake case is better, but cases are always personal choices, and I love my case. :D

Jamie Nixx
12-04-2007, 06:55 AM
I don't like the Tsunami anymore, ebay beckons i am afraid.