PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard comparison

Spiffs
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi,
I was looking at Rob's site particularly the MOBO section, and I was wondering what you guys think is the better MOBO:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

or

MSI K9N SLI Platinum

or

ASUS P5N-E SLI with an NVIDIA nForce 650i chipset

and the webpage with their specs is on
http://www.mysuperpc.com/motherboard.shtml

or you can suggest an even better MOBO that out-competes the ones I listed

Jamie Nixx
11-03-2007, 08:52 AM
First of all, the Asus M2N32 AND THE MSI are both socket AM2, which means they use AMD processors.

The P5N-E uses socket 775 which means it uses Intel processors.

Secondly the M2N32 has an 590i chipset, the MSI has a 570 chipset and the P5N-E uses a 650i chipset.

The P5N-E is by far the better board, but if you are building an AMD based computer the M2N32 is better than the MSI.

Spiffs
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
oh ok, thanks:)

PhilGSmith
11-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Jaime,

I'm looking at the ASUS board M2N32, basically I'm going to build whaT Rob has currently.

I don't overclock, and use it for gaming, video editing and normal stuff eg microsodt office.

I notice you say the other board is much better, but does it really matter to me, is teh M2N32 good enough.

Phil

Jamie Nixx
11-16-2007, 06:26 AM
To be honest at the moment i would not even contemplate building an AMD based computer, Intel are just too far ahead in the CPU game, plus Intel have now got their act together and the Core 2 duo's and Quads are now cheaper than ever.

If you are gaming, photo/video editing, anything basically, Intel are far superior.

I posted in your first build thread so check that out if you see this first ;)

PhilGSmith
11-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Thank you, I have now responded to that. Would be interested to see how you modify Robs current spec.

But I have to ask one question. If Intel are streets ahead of AMD why is Rob's current PC AMD based ?

Jamie Nixx
11-16-2007, 06:58 AM
I think its because when Rob built his super pc, AMD were still pulling punches with Intel, then the new core 2 duo's were released and blew them out of the water.