PDA

View Full Version : Problem with power led connector

ralphf926
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm to point in my first build where I'm connecting cables for front panel. I'm using Asus Q connector on my P5n32-e and I've connected hdd led, power sw and reset sw ok. But there is a 4th cable titled power led and I can't connect it into connector on MOBO. The connector on the cable from front panel has 2 prongs like all the other connectors but the connector on the MOBO looks like it's a 3 pin with the center pin missing. Hope I'm describing this clearly.

This connector is described in the MOBO user manual and it's called a 2 pin connector but nowhere does it tell you how to make the connection. I call it a wide 2 pin connector. Anyone have a clue as to what I can do to make this connection.

ralphf926
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I didn't know I was going to perform surgery on my first build. Today I stopped in at 4 local computer stores and asked if they could solve my problem. Well the 5th store hit it right on the head. They showed me how to remove the wires from the 2 pin connector and reinsert them into a 3 pin connector leaving center pin connection empty. Now this borders on one of those areas where I'm learning way more than I thought I would need to learn. As soon as I receive my video card I'll be able to power up for the first time. Yesterday I purchased a new 512 mb Evga card and am awaiting delivery. Thanks for that tip Jamie. Getting closer.