PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Ram upgrades

DemonicDerek
03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey Rob!

Great site, really helpful.

moving on...

Recently with the help of your site I was able to upgrade my dad's and my mom's computers from 512mb ram to 768mb and they are super fast. However, my dad's computer was working until he wanted me to completely wipe out his hard drive, and when I found my windows xp cd I used it to wipe out the hard drive by deleting and creating partitions. However now the computer takes 5 minutes on a black screen with a white underscore flashing. Then it continues it's normal boot process. what did I do wrong in clearing the hard drive? -or- how can I fix it without re-clearing the hard drive?

Derek

p.s. I also used your site to install a new DVD drive.

Rob
03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
It sounds like maybe not all of the drivers have been installed. Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers?

DemonicDerek
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I think I may not know where the CD is so no I didn't. Actually I didn't install any drivers! So that may be my problem. I'll get back to you when I find the cd and install them.

Derek

Rob
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Or if you know the motherboard or chipset then you can download them. I have some links on this page:

http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_msi_k8n_neo_install_motherboard_chipset_drivers .shtml

DemonicDerek
03-05-2007, 05:26 AM
I have found the CDs and am awaiting for my dad to allow me to install them becuase we were going to just buy a new sound card. Although it never had one becuase he used the motherboard's sound card. His computer has a password on it and for once in my parents lives they kept it secret from me and so i can't install them yet.