PDA

View Full Version : Music Genres

xeroatticus
01-28-2007, 11:45 AM
What are your favourite types of music? I listen to all kinds of stuff, mostly rock. My favourite bands/musicians are Chevelle, Johnny Cash, Evans Blue, Goo Goo Dolls, and Linkin Park.

xeroatticus
02-06-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm not a big fan of poppy music like Fergie myself. I usually only listen to bands that actually write there own music. Most of the top hit artists are just tools used by record companies who will sing anything the record company sends them.

DemonicDerek
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I love techno!

xeroatticus
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Nice, techno's always fun to listen to. :>

WickedVex
03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I usually tend to listen to a lot of trance and rock, but I can stand listening to everything else.

Some artists I'm currently listening to include Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto, DragonForce, Protest The Hero, and Daughtry to name a few.

xeroatticus
04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I have a friend that likes DragonForce a lot. The guitars are crazy, but I don't care much for the vocals.

choba07
09-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I went to see Dave Ralph. It was awesome.

Jamie Nixx
10-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Thought i would revive this lol :D

I hate pop, all they do is take old songs and revamp them, and they don't sound anywhere near as good as the originals.

I myself like indie and rock.

Bloc party, Feeder, Maximo park, The Futureheads, Muse, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, the Fratellis, Franz Ferdinand, Oasis, thats indie lol.

Rock wise: Guns and Roses, Black sabbath, ACDC, Pink Floyd, Jimmi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Journey, Kiss, The Rolling stones, Mettalica, Motorhead, Ramones :D

xeroatticus
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I like Muse a lot. I don't know if I would label them as indie or not, but they are a great band.

The Wise Monkey
11-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Muse rock - went to see them live at Wembley recently. :D

xeroatticus
11-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Last night I saw Evans Blue, Framing Hanley, Saving Abel, and Neurosonic in concert. It was really good. I met a bunch of band members to, and got some autographs.

The Wise Monkey
11-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Nice! :D

I went to see a band called The Epstein in Oxford, and they were really good.

At the moment though, my songs of choice are Mark Ronson's version of 'God Put a Smile Upon Your Face', 'Through the Fire and the Flames' by DragonForce and 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' by Santa Esmerelda. :D

xeroatticus
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
DragonForce has some crazy guitars. lol

dmethoxibit
11-18-2007, 04:00 AM
I listen to everything but country and gospel, just a little rap, most of it sux. mainly metal/hardcore and deathcore. Some of my favorite bands are, At The Throne Of Judgment, Unearth, All Shall Perish, All That Remains, Emmure, Atreyu, Forgotten Tomb, and yeah a lot im in a band called Between The Fall. i loovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee music. its my main hobby then electronics lol

priji
02-25-2008, 12:47 AM
rock, new metal

My favorite song is anything by linkin park.

jclaydon
03-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Well i grew up with my mom's taste in music. A lot of old 60's style music. A great deal of canadian bands like the Guess Who. I also like the Who, Beatles and all the other bands too numerous to name that came out of the UK.

Lettseee... i also like some classical AC/DC, some country altho I don't know a lot of the new artists...

Actually the only thing i don't really like is (c)Rap.

-James

The Wise Monkey
03-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Your parents have quite a large influence on what you listen to to start off with - I still like some of the stuff that my parents like, but I've expanded my repertoire since then. :)

RickyTick
03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
The last concert I went to was The Wiggles.

All I get to listen to is Mickey Mouse, The Wiggles, The Doodlebops, Johnny and the Sprites, Little Einsteins, Higgleytown Heros, JoJo's Circus, etc, etc.

See a pattern here.

Stop laughing...wait til you have kids.

chunkylover53
03-01-2008, 06:31 PM
My 8 year old likes pop now, but I had to listen to all of that kiddie stuff up until about 2 years ago. The 3 year old never liked any of that, especially the wiggles. She's an odd duck, though. The first song that ever got her attention was "Do Ya" by ELO. Had to play it 50 times a day for her. :p

I like mostly classic rock and alternative, but lately I've been on a house music kick (Kascade, etc.).

Best entire CD I've bought in a while though is Rodrigo y Gabriela. If you like rock, you will be blown away by these two. TRUST ME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o9TU0t0

The Wise Monkey
03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I saw those two play live when I went to see Muse last June - they were awesome. :D