PDA

View Full Version : 4 Monitors

ryan621
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm looking to setup a computer with 4 monitors (this would be a trading workstation).

Based on the mysuperpc recommendation I am looking at a ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. It says it has 2 PCI Express slots, but when I look at the image on NewEgg I do not see 2 PCI Express slots, am I looking at the image wrong?

It has been a while since I've built my own computer (I'm used to the world of AGP where you could only have 1 AGP card in a system) - am I correct in thinking I can have 2 PCI Express cards, each supporting 2 monitors for a total of 4 supported monitors?

I have over the past 5 years setup about 50 computers with multi-monitors and have found that video cards can be very finicky in multi monitor setups. Can anyone recommend a current PC express card that would work well with a second matching card?

Jamie Nixx
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
SLi, hence two PCI Express slots :)

The Wise Monkey
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
You don't need to run the cards in SLI mode to use 4 monitors, just so you know. :)

Most cards I have used in dual monitor setups have been alright, but the nVidia Quadro series are very good with multi-monitor setups. Either that, or cards from Matrox are good.