PDA

View Full Version : My First Build

ralphf926
10-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Jamie, are you the Simon Cowell of this forum ha ha ha!!! Anyway you can have at me. Here's what I've purchased so far:

Asus P5N32-E SLI Microcenter $150 after $100 discount
Intel Quad Core Q6600 Microcenter $280
Cooler Master RC-690 ZipZoomFly $55 after $20 rebate
Corsair 620HX P/S ZipZoomFly $127 after $20 rebate
2GB Corsair XMS2 mem ZipZoomFly $59 after $40 rebate
EVga 512 MB graphic ????????????????????????????????

I already have WD 150gb raptor, WD 200gb Sata and Cavalry 500GB external eSata/USB drive, Asus DVD/Rom drive, Sony DVD burner. In place of floppy I installed a multi card ready device with 1 USB port. I hope to use this device in my new build. Actually anyone out there that's aware of a multi card reader with a couple of USB ports that would fit into floppy slot?

As you can see I did switch from AMD to Intel and after researching further you are absolutely right. At the moment Intel is in the drivers seat but who know what will happen in several months. But I'm a bird in the hand guy so you did convince me.

So, what do you think?

Thanks, Ralph:)

Jamie Nixx
10-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Nah, i give good advice, he just moans lol :D

Its all looking good mate, can't fault anything, although, you could save yourself some money by getting the 520w Corsair, in my opinion it is actually better than the 620w version, but if you have already purchased it then no worries, its still one of the best.

Heres a good memory card reader with a load of stuff on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820162408

acidfire
10-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Word of advise for you about card readers. Make sure you don't install the card reader til after windows is installed. That is what I just did on my build becasue a lot of people said when they install windows and had the card reader in at the same time it gave the hard drive letter E: instead of C: because the card reader took C:. Just make sure to do the reader after windows is loaded and you should be fine.

Jamie Nixx
10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Acid makes a good point, install it after windows, i have heard numerous problems about it being installed before as acid described.