PDA

View Full Version : Windows Home Server Computer

Fastphoto
10-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I have just completed building my first computer that I intend to use as my WHS. :) I am waiting for the software (OS) to arrive. The computer boots just fine from a CD, DVD, floppy without error bells, grinding noses or whistles, ETC.:D!

My only area of concern is how to enter the model information. Can anyone help? I would like to enter that information before I install the OS.

Thanks in advance,

Walt

"If something works, work on it until it quits."

Fastphoto
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I have just completed building my first computer that I intend to use as my WHS. :) I am waiting for the software (OS) to arrive. The computer boots just fine from a CD, DVD, floppy without error bells, grinding noses or whistles, ETC.:D!

My only area of concern is how to enter the model information. Can anyone help? I would like to enter that information before I install the OS.

Thanks in advance,

Walt

"If something works, work on it until it quits." I installed the Windows Home Server OEM about 30 days ago. It took about 6 hours to do my first backup of all 6 of my computers. After that each computer backup about 15 to 20 minutes daily and all happens in the background. The WHS console sends a warning that backups are about to start and when completed. If you are away from you computers for a few minutes, you should open the WHS console before you shut down or put it to sleep. As WHS does not support Vista 64 bit, my backup is done on a XP computer. C drive has Vista 64 and D drive has the XP OS. Very happy with the WHS.

The Wise Monkey
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Did you sort out your original problem?

Fastphoto
11-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Did you sort out your original problem?:) It is all contained in the Windows Home Server OEM package. A DVD for the OS, a CD for the connection, a CD to restore your computers, and a disc with direction on cloning the WHS System on other computers.:D

The Wise Monkey
11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok, fair enough. I've no real reason to run a home server, but I'd probably just use Windows Server 2003/2008 as I have more experience with it. :)