PDA

View Full Version : I've been here how long and not finished a comp yet?

DemonicDerek
10-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Seriously I look around I see all these people finishing there computers however me I have been reading Rob's info for maybe a year or 2 now and stll haven't done it because I don't need a computer yet, maybe a decent laptop but not a desktop. My dad's dell does sufficientl with how much I game on a computer (very little). I am a hardcore console gamer though so I feel a little left out in that I haven't built a comp yet... Waaah. March of 2007? wat the I thought it was longer than that?

The Wise Monkey
10-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Heh, I used Rob's guide to build my first computer way back when, but I joined the forums to get some help on a problem I had, and I've never looked back. :)

Jamie Nixx
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah i also used Rob's guide, i think when he first started the website, man did it look old back then :D some long years ago that was :rolleyes:

Derek, you need to go out and build yourself a gaming computer, get off the console bandwagon, and join the real hardcore gamers mate ;)

otto
10-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I recently bought Robs book as well...I'm A+ certified an Mcp certified but haven't used my skills in years. The computer job market crashed just as I got certified in 01'. It's always a good idea to have a reference no matter how tech savvy you are...Thanks Rob.

otto
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah, I'm about to complete my first build w/ my son...will let you all know how that works out. I bought Vista 64 home premium (oem) and I'm kinda nervous about it...