PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOHOOOO 18 today

Jamie Nixx
10-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Well lads and ladies, its my Birthday today, seeing as how i am considered a god on these forums :p :D i expect lots of virtual cards and prezzies :D

Finally i can go out and buy myself a pint lol

Peace out everyone, enjoy the rest of your weekends :D

Grave Scrooge
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Congrats! I have underwear older than you ! :D

The Wise Monkey
10-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Ah, they grow old so fast...

Happy Birthday mate. :)

Jamie Nixx
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Cheers fellas, its a good thing i didn't come back on after though, i got absolutely rat arsed watching England wallop France in the Rugby, i would have made a fool of myself had i managed to get on, thank goodness being drunk causes short term amnesia :rolleyes: and i couldn't remember my own name :D

Tomo
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
haha, happy birthday - hope you had a good one.

better late than never and stuff:D

JasonG
10-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Drunk? At 18? Is that legal there? ;) Gotta be 21 here (legally that is).

The Wise Monkey
10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually, you can drink wine with a meal at 14 in the UK.

Even better than that, you can drink anything in a pub garden if you are over the age of... wait for it... 5! As long as someone over the age of 18 buys the drink for you, you can have a double brandy with a vodka chaser at the age of 5. This only applies to pub gardens though - nowhere else.

EDIT: Just checked this, and this was indeed the case until about 2003, when the law was changed so that you have to be 18 to buy/consume a drink anywhere in the pub, including the garden, but you can drink wine/beer with a meal if you are 16/17.

Here is the lowdown from the Department for Culture Media and Sport:

"Do the prohibitions on unaccompanied children aged under-16 extend to beer gardens or outside terraces?

Yes. One of the major changes in the Act is for the first time the licensing laws extend to the whole of the premises rather than just the 'bar area' as was previously the case. Under the old regime, a child as young as 5 could be given alcohol to drink in a beer garden - this is no longer legal. The sale or supply of alcohol anywhere on relevant premises to anyone aged under 18 years is prohibited and is a prosecutable offence; as is the consumption of alcohol by an individual under 18 anywhere on relevant premises. However, an exception is provided for an accompanied individual aged 16 or 17 where the alcohol is beer, wine or cider to be consumed at a table meal."

Wow, so you learn something new every day. :D

Jamie Nixx
10-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Wow WM, i didn't know that, where do you pull up this kind of info lol :D

The Wise Monkey
10-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Well, I am older than you. :P

xeroatticus
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
*emails birthday cake*

aarathi
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Happy Birthday to you. I will pray the god, he may shower his blessings into your head.

Jamie Nixx
03-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the belated greetings lol ;)

But my Birthday was in October, so i am going to lock this thread to avoid confusion :)