PDA

View Full Version : More Computer troubles; monitor

sandwhich
09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Now, After dealing with problems with the cpu cooler I had, my once working monitor no longer works with my system. I turn both on, secure all wires, and the screen reads " No input signal, check video cables". The whole system runs fine, fans and all, just nothing on the screen.

I'm convinced that the following are not the problem:

The Monitor itself- Simply because it works on this current computer, and this monitor doesn't work there either.

Video card- It didn't work with some older video cards either, so unless they are too outdated, they should have worked.

Not sure what else to include, but I'll answer any questions.

Roll off any suggestions.

The Wise Monkey
09-12-2007, 03:20 AM
How far have you got with setting up your PC? As in, is it an older PC that is now having problems or are you following Robs guide?

One thing it might be - does your motherboard have onboard graphics? It might be set in the BIOS to look to that first.

sandwhich
09-12-2007, 05:53 AM
I didn't follow all of Rob's guides, but they are all new parts that I know work together.

And no, the motherboard does not have onboard graphics.

The Wise Monkey
09-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Hmmm...

It could be a dodgy cable - can it be detached from both the monitor and the PC?

sandwhich
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes it can, its reversable also, and Ive tried it on both ends, and used the monitor (and therefore the chord) with this computer that im using. It worked fine.

The Wise Monkey
09-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok. Ummm... not sure what else to suggest.

As with all troubleshooting issues, try and remember what you changed whilst trying to sort out the CPU cooling issue and see if any of those might be the culprit.