PDA

View Full Version : How does one choose?

Dan
09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Greetings, Been reading since Rob started this forum (thank you Rob) And I must say that I learn something everytime I stop by here. The problem is, it just gets me more and more mind boggling. That is to say I understand whats going on, its just that how does one decide what components to choose? Is it just basic word of mouth or is there some science? I have come very close to building the systen Rob has put together but my feeling is that Robs latest system is way over kill for my needs....(or is it?) My needs being a good unit (quality parts) no gaming just music,surfing,some videos/photos. I have been living with a compaq presario AMD K6 128MB ram and a 9GB HD w/win 98(impressive eh?) Well I have had enought of this (free) machine and its time to move on. I need to build....I want to build. I just need to learn how to pick components. (I think) Im one of them guys that only need a $500 rig to be happy.(but I want the best $500 rig)

Thanks for the vent.....

Jamie Nixx
09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Check out this thread, i priced a very nice core 2 duo computer for a member.

http://forums.mysuperpc.com/showthread.php?t=572

Dan
09-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I did read that Jamie, Its the post that got me to thinking that I should scale down my project. (By the way, thanks for all your post to the forum)

Jamie Nixx
09-12-2007, 07:25 AM
No problem mate i am here to help :)

Its hard to choose the best computer for the money you wish to spend, its so frustrating, prime example, you have built your dream computer, you think it is the best you can afford, then you find out that if you waited an extra few days to build it you could of actually built a much better one for the same price, its always a game of catch up in the computing world, unless you have bucketloads of money your never going to catch up.

That is always the way :D

I hope you choose a nice decent little rig to build yourself, and if you need anymore advice on parts ect, always here to help.

:)