PDA

View Full Version : update video card on dell 2400?

anyhelp4jim
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I am very "green" as far as computer hardware and the upgrading of any component. The only thing I have tried and had success with is adding more memory to a PC. That being said, I was hoping to upgrade my Dell 2400 with a new video card. Using the tools on dell.com, it scanned my PC and recommended video cards to purchase. I bought an "ATI Radeon 9250 256 MB PCI BUS". Trying to figure out how to install it has been confusing as I have seen conflicting info as far as to whether or not it can be used on my 2400. Any ideas or help? Thanks much in advance.

The Wise Monkey
09-03-2007, 02:08 AM
What kind of graphics did you have on your Dell machine before?

I believe that Rob has some excellent illustrations and instructions about changing video cards - check www.mysuperpc.com and follow his guide. :)

anyhelp4jim
09-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks very much for your reply and question/information. The graphics on the Dell 2400 I have is "Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)". My configuration says that I have "1 System Slot PCI1 Available" which does not mean much to me??? Anyway I will check out the link you included in your reply. Peace...