PDA

View Full Version : Almost completed first built pc

Anthony
09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I've finished building my first pc. But I still have this error message that comes up while the computer is booting up. The error says, "Intel CPU uCode Loading error". And I have to hit F1 to continue. But, I haven't noticed it affecting anything. I have Windows Vista loaded and running well. I can go to the BIOS and disable this F1 to continue message, in other words, it would ignore this error and just keep booting up. I've used my 2 optical drives, my floppy drive/media card reader and started playing a pc game. I'm just curious what this error message means. Here are my components:
ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 cpu.
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS video card.
Antec 900 Case.
Antec NeoPower 650 W PSU.
Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 7200RPM SATE hard drive.
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 memory.
Windows Vista Home Premium

I haven't been on-line yet to get any updates for my computer yet.

Thanks
Anthony

gtrasi
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
This seems to happen with specific asus boards combined with Intel proc with new steppings.

My guess is these boareds might not support the latest stepping Intel has to offer.

Check out this thread...http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/71166-intel-cpu-ucode-loading-error-what-2.html

your best bet is to update ur BIOS..use the BIOS update feature available on Asus disc..and dont forget to back it up first.

Jamie Nixx
09-03-2007, 03:20 AM
A few people have come to me with this problem before.

Your motherboard only supports a maximum of 1066 mhz FSB, and the E6750 uses 1333 mhz FSB, so it can't utilise the extra speed, i am surprised its even working because some computers don't.

You could try updating the bios, but i don't know if it will help.

This is why i always recommend the Asus P5N-E SLi board, its cheaper and more powerful than its rivals and it has everything going for it.

gtrasi
09-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Well i agree with jamie...by the way...AMD X2 processors have 2000Mhz HT system bus but the mobos that come alongwith hav 1000Mhz bus advertised on them...

For example...Athlon X2 4400+ and Asus M2A-VM...this is common with highend system as well...

Hope ther is no compatibility issues here.

gtrasi
09-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Can any1 tell me how the X2 4400+ EE brisbane fares when used with stock heatsink+fan...consider room temps close to 30C (hot summer day)...and iam playing Crysis(imagine!;) )....

I checked out http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?content=maxtemp.shtml

and it says that max temp for dual core athlons is 65C!!...thats way too low is my guess

The Wise Monkey
09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Remember that X2s run a lot cooler than older P4s, so it should hover reasonably low - my 4200 X2 ran at about 30C constantly, even under full load on a hot day.

Jamie Nixx
09-04-2007, 09:31 AM
That is the AMD temp threshold, as WM said they run a lot cooler than the old pentiums whose temp threshold is closer to over a 100C.

30C is normal although i have had them run at 28c, under heavy load expect them to hit 38c.