PDA

View Full Version : Window XP, problem instaling it

HQIS
08-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm tryinf to install a fresh version of window XP Sp2 on my computer after changing the HD. I get the Bios to reboot the computer by the CD and all the initials files are installed, then the computer is supouse to reboot to star the actual intallation of the OS. Well not, instead read againg from the WIn XP CD and take me back to the formating and partition of the HD, I mean back to the first step, Do I missing something? ( It is an original WinXP OEM CD)

The Wise Monkey
09-01-2007, 05:08 AM
If you set the BIOS to boot from the CD then it will try that before reading from the HD. Try changing the boot order to put the HD first.

HQIS
09-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I get the Bios to reboot the computer by the CD and all the initials files are installed, then the computer is supouse to reboot to star the actual intallation of the OS.

Thank you Wise Monkey, but if you reed carefuly the previous quote, which is part of the original post, all you are recomending is done, the problem is that after the computer reboot, from thr CD, go thourgh formating and partition steps and install all the initial files it is supouse to reboot and continiun with the final installation and initial window setting but that is not happening, isntead reboot from the cd againg and go back to the Formatting and partition steps. Unless I missing a setting or a step, something is wrong here.

The Wise Monkey
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
What you are saying there is that you put the CD-drive at the top of the boot order to start the text setup, then rebooted the computer and expect it to boot from the Hard Drive, even though the CD is set to boot first.

After you have completed the formatting/partitioning etc and the computer has rebooted, enter the BIOS and change the boot order so that the Hard Drive is above the CD drive i.e. the computer will try and load from the Hard Drive first.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, and if you have already tried this then I apologise for repeating myself. :)

You could also try taking the CD out after it has rebooted after the whole text setup stage, then replace it when the setup asks for it again.