PDA

View Full Version : PCI slots working?

cirwdlake
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I am trying to figure out whether my PCI slots in an ASUS M2N-SLI DLX mobo are somehow not working or whether my cheap Zonet PCI wireless LAN adapter is DOA. Aside from the fact that I can't get the drivers to load properly for the wireless adapter, I have noticed that the utility that comes with it says the card is not installed AND the light on the card is not lighting at all. I have tried moving slots..same thing

So, is it possible for PCI slots on a mobo to not function, when everything else works fine...or is it just the fact that I bought a $15 wireless card the problem? What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

The Wise Monkey
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
It is possible for PCI slots to stop working, but I think that its more likely to be your card. Have you got another PCI device you can try?

cirwdlake
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks Wise Monkey, if the fix that the wireless card mfg suggests doesn't work, I will try another PCI device. You should see what the mfg recommendation is...it is pretty funny.

...verbatim, complete with grammatical errors and all.

"...In this case, you need to replug the card couple more times and see if the computer can finally detecting it. If still not detected, possibility the card is defective and you need to get a replacement for it."

The Wise Monkey
09-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Lmao, nice suggestion. :D

cirwdlake
09-04-2007, 07:35 AM
BTW, the new drivers created to fix my specific problem actually worked and all is well!

thanks

The Wise Monkey
09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Glad you sorted it out. :)