PDA

View Full Version : Build With Wireless Keyboard

robeward
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I am finally building my computer. I previously owned a wireless keyboard and mouse that connected to my computer via USB. Will this work initially on my new computer or do the USB ports only work after the driver disk for the motherboard is run? If they don't then will a USB to PS/2 adapter solve my problem?

Thanks

Jamie Nixx
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
The USB keyboard won't work if it is not booted into an operating system, i don't know why it just doesn't.

An adapter will fix the problem :D

The Wise Monkey
08-30-2007, 03:04 AM
USB keyboards do work - there should be an option in the BIOS to enable support for USB keyboard and mouse.

Jamie Nixx
08-30-2007, 03:29 AM
It doesn't on mine for some reason, or on my uncles computer.

The Wise Monkey
08-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Hmm, thats strange...

It works fine with mine - there are options for both USB keyboard and mouse support in the BIOS of my Gigabyte mobo.

Jamie Nixx
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Tis a bit, my uncle uses dual boot which means when he starts up his computer he is given the option to go into xp pro or vista, and he can never choose because the keyboard only runs when the computer has booted into windows, i cba to go into the bios so i just use an adapter i picked up for £1 at a computer fair :D

robeward
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Well first I used the adapter and the keyboard worked. Then I used just the USB connection and it worked. So odds the difference. I didn't try to use the USB before I loaded the defaults though. Don't know if it would have worked then or not.

Anyway thanks!