PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here with a couple of questions

trock
08-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi there

great forum. i just built my first ever PC. an ambitious project since this is a super PC for a recording studio and will have heavy demands on it for audio and video. that being said it is also very stripped down, no anti virus, no OFFICE, no extra siftware then the essentials for the OS and the programs

ok specs

ANTEC 4U 550 W rack case
ASUS P5B- Extreme MoBo
4 gig Crucial DDR2 800 1 gig sticks each
160 gig seagate HD 7200 rpm
320 gig Seagate Audio HD 7200 RPM
Samsung DVD RW 18x
XP home
Nero essentials
ASUS utilities loaded

thats where it sits now

i also tweaked the MoBo for silent run on the fans (although its still to noisy but i will get to that later)

ok the issues

when i finished it it booted right up and i installed XP home and then did the windows updates, i thne updated the BIOS, so those are current. this PC does NOT sit on the internet. i also tweaked th BIOS for the fans to run silent

ok, the mouse drifts all over the place, it is a llaser one and older, so i am going to get a new one and a new pad and load the latest drivers. it would not double click and i had to right click to open stuff, very weird and fluttery

also when i would open a window it would flicker, not the screen just that window, it would go blue like it was highlightedd and then gray and then blink blink and stuff. very strange

and thats where i am now

the video card is a NVIDIA, Quadro 550 128 mef card and i downloaded and loaded its latest drivers also

so any ideas on

1) drifting weird mouse?
2) flickering windows opened??
3) fan noise? i need this to be SILENT so i can record with it in the same room as acoustic instruments and mics

thanks for the help

koganinja
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
your mouse drivers or its been droped and is playing up

gpu drivers quadro are pain in the butts and check that ur screen rezes are locked and the only show settings that my monitore can suport box is ticked

get some silent x fans and some heat pipe cooling for the gpu

Jamie Nixx
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes if you mouse is an oldie, that might be the problem.

And the Quadro is a bugger lol.

You could always invest in water cooling, that way you would never hear the comp and it would run everything ultra cool.