PDA

View Full Version : Replace memory with 32 GB of RAM

imagemaker5150
04-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H motherboard. I've been having issues with Windows 10 giving me various blue screen errors that I think might be related to memory. I originally built this computer with 16GB of Crucial Sport memory (2X8GB). My plan was to add another 16GB later for a total of 32 GB. I was using Windows 7 Professional at the time. I bought the additional ram at Microcenter where I had purchased all of the other components originally. It was the same brand, same specifications. When I added this additional ram that's when I started having issues. A tech person at Gigabyte told me that even though the RAM appears to be identical, it isn't always. I did notice that the first 16GB was made in the US and the second 16GB was made in China. Now I would like to start over and buy a "matched" set of RAM equaling 32 GB. I would appreciate any recommendations. Current RAM is DDR3-1600 PC 12800. I don't overclock or play games. Primarily used for Photoshop and related work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!