PDA

View Full Version : Antec 900 Case Installation

Anthony
08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I've started the build of my first pc. I have the Antec 900 case and was having a little trouble getting the floppy drive installed using the 5 to 3.5 adapter provided by Antec. Does anyone have history with this installation? What's the secret?
Thanks,
Anthony

Jamie Nixx
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
This is the only drawback of the case, the fact its a bugger to get the floppy in.

Personally i didn't bother with a floppy, i'll dig one out though and put it in with pics if you want.

Then again i might run into the same trouble lol :D

Anthony
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks Jamie. The floppy has media card readers on it as well, so it's not completely useless. Plus, you never know.
I can get the floppy drive relatively secured and tight, but the screws don't line up very well. We'll see what you can come up with.
Thanks
Anthony

Jamie Nixx
08-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Camera is on the frizz Anthony, i'll try and dig up a few webpages about how to install it properly but i am having no joy at the moment.

Anthony
08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Jamie,
I think I figured it out. There are 4 screws that go through the slotted holes in the case and screw into the sides of the black 3.5" tray. These screws keep the tray, which has the floppy drive previously screwed into it, from sliding when you put in a floppy. Before I screwed the tray into the case, I had to screw the drive into the tray with four screws. The floppy drive sticks out of the tray by a couple of inches. When installed the back of the tray is lined up evenly with the hdd trays. The last thing you do is slide the front panel cover and screw the two screws in. That's about as good as I can explain.
Thanks for the help. I'll be coming back for a lot more questions as I build this first pc.
Anthony