PDA

View Full Version : Asus Bios Set Up?

badbob
08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
On your front page suggested built you stated the Gigabyte MB is no longer available. Therefore, you recommend the ASUS Z97-A in it's place. Unfortunately, reading ratings on Newegg and elsewhere it appears that Newegg and ASUS does not have very good customer service. I have had four computers built with ASUS MBs however I was wondering if you could recommend another Gigabyte replacement mother board instead. I do not need SLI or RAID but wish to have for videos and graphic editing. What about Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H-BK ATX? Please help!

Rob
08-27-2014, 08:59 AM
I've used plenty of Gigabyte motherboards and been very happy with them. I would have no concerns with you using the Gigabyte motherboard you're considering.

badbob
08-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you for your reply. What is really confusing me is PCI slots. When we built last, years ago, we only had PCI express and then regular PCI slots. Now there are so many different kinds. I am concerned I will get a mother board that does not have PCI slots I need or too many. I am probably only going to need PCI slots for Video, Audio, Firewire, and WiFi if mother board does not have. Looking at the ASUS and Gigabyte I mentioned below I wonder if the ASUS might be more appropriate for my needs. Or perhaps you might be able to recommend a different one? Do you have up to date lesson on you website that explains the PCI slots to help unconfused me? Thanks for your help!

On your front page suggested built you stated the Gigabyte MB is no longer available. Therefore, you recommend the ASUS Z97-A in it's place. Unfortunately, reading ratings on Newegg and elsewhere it appears that Newegg and ASUS does not have very good customer service. I have had four computers built with ASUS MBs however I was wondering if you could recommend another Gigabyte replacement mother board instead. I do not need SLI or RAID but wish to have for videos and graphic editing. What about Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H-BK ATX? Please help!

Rob
09-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I should update my motherboard page where I describe these slots. Briefly, you can do just fine with only PCI Express slots. The PCI slots are the older version. A motherboard may come with support for one PCI slot, and that's fine. It can be used for a sound card. But sound cards also come compatible with PCI Express slots.

badbob
09-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I should update my motherboard page where I describe these slots. Briefly, you can do just fine with only PCI Express slots. The PCI slots are the older version. A motherboard may come with support for one PCI slot, and that's fine. It can be used for a sound card. But sound cards also come compatible with PCI Express slots.

Where is your motherboard page so I can watch for your update?

Rob
09-08-2014, 09:18 AM
http://www.mysuperpc.com/motherboard.shtml

I'll also post a reply to this message when I do the update.