PDA

View Full Version : Presently recommended Mobo phased out/discontinued?

call me AL
01-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Presently recommended Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H appears to be phased out/discontinued

Call me AL

zburns
01-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey Al,

Hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year.

Amazon seems to have a number of mfgs who have this board, this Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007R21JK4/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Also, Tiger Direct webpage indicates they have it.

If you are concerned about this mobo, I suggest you call Gigabyte USA (they are in Los Angeles); you can get their number off their website; if any trouble contacting them, let us know.
---------------
General comment: The enormous showing of new 'flat' tablets during the Christmas Season makes a statement about the future of desktop PC's. Later I will post some articles of a positive nature about the future for desktops. Short comments, building your own pc is a 'source of knowledge on the components and the way a computer works for the home builder'. That plus the 'business market place' should remain a large market for desktops as we know them.
---------

Again, any questions, just ask ! ! !

cguyer
01-07-2014, 12:13 PM
ya, i noticed the guide links to an out of stock motherboard as well. Other sites list it about $100 more than the previous newegg price suggestion.

call me AL
01-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Hope you had a good Christmas & New Years as well. But as cguyer points out, while the board is still available for too much money. It appears the major players (Amazon/Newegg no longer carry it themselves but thru associated vendors.

call me AL

Alan G
01-08-2014, 07:32 AM
This is not surprising in that Intel want everyone to move up to Haswell CPUs which take a different socket and chipset. I used this ASUS MoBo in my build last spring and it's been trouble free: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820 I don't know if it offers all the features of the Gigabyte board that is mentioned above.