PDA

View Full Version : Screen black after Windows login

Jay_Z
09-29-2013, 09:22 PM
When I start my computer (Win 7 32 bit on a ThinkPad T60P), I am taken to the login screen and after logging in, my screen goes black. I can still see/move my cursor but the screen is black!

I can start in Safe Mode and Windows loads fine. I've tried updating my graphics driver from the Lenovo site (last update was 2008, so that shouldn't be the issue) - I also attempted to use a previous restore point, although the only point was 24 hrs prior which didn't rectify issue.

I can use Ctrl-Alt-Del and go go task manager, etc - I've tried ending explorer.exe and reloading ... still nothing, still black with my mouse cursor.

Any recommendations, please??

zburns
09-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey Jay Z,

Really sorry to hear about your problems. My suggestions are to (1) bypass the log in or eliminate it altogether (2) What kind of anti-virus or 'malware protection' are you running -- whatever it is, if you have not run it, you should do so. If necessary can you run the anti-virus in 'safe mode' ?

Have you tried getting help from Lenovo via 'telephone calls' -- get a Tech to walk thru their suggestions with you over the phone ? Lenovo has to furnish some kind of USA Tech support - do not see how they sell product unless they have the tech support. Try to get them to help you walk thru their solutions over the phone with you; this process could take a number of calls to them in order to try all possibilities they suggest.

Hope these few suggestions help!