Stats are
I7-920
Gigabyte x58-ud5 motherboard
6GB DDR 3 corsair dominator
Nvidia GTX 480 (recently upgraded)
750 watt power supply
Western digital 650GB HD
LG Blueray DVD drive.

Anyway, my motherboard has ate crap. Before the computer would turn on and windows wouldn't load. I'd get a blue screen of death before windows. Then I got stuck on post code 69 maybe b9. I pulled everything off the motherboard, including the Cmos battery after hours of messing with it. Now the computer won't even post. The motherboard turns on then off and repeats this cycle until I pull the power cord from the power supply. I've always had a few problems with the motherboard. I think this time I may have accidently bent some pins where the CPU sits. I think it's time to upgrade my motherboard. Looking to use all my current stuff and just plug it into a nice motherboard that I can hope to get another 5 or 6 years out of. Any suggestions, as I have absolutely no idea what would work with my current stuff.

That all being said. If anyone has any ideas on how to possibly make this motherboard work again awesome please share. If not upgrade suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Dleslie212
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi all, Years ago I built a computer.
Stats are
I7-920
Gigabyte x58-ud5 motherboard
6GB DDR 3 corsair dominator
Nvidia GTX 480 (recently upgraded)
750 watt power supply
Western digital 650GB HD
LG Blueray DVD drive.

Anyway, my motherboard has ate crap. Before the computer would turn on and windows wouldn't load. I'd get a blue screen of death before windows. Then I got stuck on post code 69 maybe b9. I pulled everything off the motherboard, including the Cmos battery after hours of messing with it. Now the computer won't even post. The motherboard turns on then off and repeats this cycle until I pull the power cord from the power supply. I've always had a few problems with the motherboard. I think this time I may have accidently bent some pins where the CPU sits. I think it's time to upgrade my motherboard. Looking to use all my current stuff and just plug it into a nice motherboard that I can hope to get another 5 or 6 years out of. Any suggestions, as I have absolutely no idea what would work with my current stuff.

That all being said. If anyone has any ideas on how to possibly make this motherboard work again awesome please share. If not upgrade suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks for any help in advance!

As far as I know, once a motherboard is dead, its dead. Im sure you could probably get it tested and have whatever component is fried replaced, but in the long run itll probably end up cheaper to get a brand new board. But I am in no way whatseoever an expert, so dont take my word for it.

joenewbie
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
w
As far as I know, once a motherboard is dead, its dead. Im sure you could probably get it tested and have whatever component is fried replaced, but in the long run itll probably end up cheaper to get a brand new board. But I am in no way whatseoever an expert, so dont take my word for it.

I too am by no means an expert but I've been told time and time again the cost of labor on a motherboard repair will far exceed the cost of replacement. Hate to deliver bad news like that but that's what I've been told often in reference to bad mother******.... I'm just talkin about Mobos.... can you dig it?

RickyTick
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I agree. Looks like a new motherboard is needed. I'd be tempted to shop ebay for an X58 motherboard. You should be able to find something worthwhile. If not, look at Amazon and Newegg.

IceHot
07-11-2013, 07:10 AM
I talked with gigabyte. They told me I can send it in out of warranty for $55.00. They do not guarantee it will be fixed. Anyone ever heard of bent/broken pins being fixed? Maybe a socket replacement? Is that possible on these boards?

zburns
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
If the bent pins are on the cpu (which I suspect they are), then you probably should call Intel and see what their suggestion is regards the cpu/bent pins. At least call them. You have no way to know whether the mobo has the problem or the cpu has the problem OR perhaps both now have a problem. The very small circuit transistors in both the cpu and the motherboard are not forgiving when short circuits are encountered.

Call Gigabyte, tell them about the bent pins. They can test the motherboard. They may or may not be able to test the cpu after testing the motherboard. Best bet on the cpu is to ask Intel and send it to them for testing if they say that is the best method. Whoever checks either component must be competent and 100 % certain as to whether either component is ok and can be put back into use!
-------------
EDIT, about 10:20 am: The above assumes you put the cpu back into the socket and then used the 'socket' lever arm to 'lock the cpu into the socket'. If you did not put the cpu back into the socket and close the 'locking levers' AND the 'bent pins' are not 'sharply bent' (means a sharp right angle) but are 'gently bent' (means no 'sharp right angle bend', but a smooth curve to the bend) then you can try to straighten them.

If the pins are bent at a sharp right angle, call Intel tech service, give the model number, then ask if they can be straightened (and any other advice they can give you).