PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to send this back to Amazon?

joenewbie
07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure but I think I might have gotten the wrong memory for this Motherboard.... can anyone confirm that I can't use this memory with this board please? Or will it work anyway?

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

in a...

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

These are arriving today via UPS, do I need to ship back the memory? Or will it work? I'm not sure, any advice?

Thanks in advance.

RickyTick
07-05-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't see any reason why that memory won't work just fine.
Just make sure to check the User's Manual to see which 2 slots to put them in.

joenewbie
07-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't see any reason why that memory won't work just fine.

Yeah I was having a minor panic attack for a minute there, when I went to Gigabyte's site and looked up compatible memory that particular model of memory wasn't listed. Specifically this list... http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-z77x-ud5h.pdf and the phrase at the top of them only being able to verify "some" of them. Why they wouldn't also just list the basic requirements, which I was operating off of when I originally selected it, 1.5v DDR3 12800 1600 etc... and to state that as long as those were a match it should be good. Then I realized in their documentation they do have a tendency to have bad language skills when it comes to English.

Panic attack over, just waiting for stupid UPS to deliver. Wish me luck on my first build.