PDA

View Full Version : Ide like to know

Mrs Puglet
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I dont know alot about computer or where to go for trusted imformation.So I hope this is a site that can help me. I dont know if I need a newer computer or if I can upgrade what I have to do what i want. All I want from my computer is to play games on sites like pogo and facebook. Once in awhile research for things I want kowledge on. Right now I have a compaq(I am thinking its a 95--but not real sure) This is what is on my system page--Microsoft Windows xp Professional Version 2002 Service pack 3--Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU2.40GHz 2.39GHz 504MB of RAM. I dont use my computer for videos or music but I would like to get a camera soon and add photos to share with friends.If I need a newer computer what should I look for to be able to do what Iam asking of it. Thank you very much if YOu can help me. Mrs Puglet:o

zburns
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi Mrs Puglet, and welcome to the forums.

I have one major suggestion, and, in addition, I will need more information. In the way of additional info, please look at the Compaq Computer, find the manufacturers label, and post all the data on the label; this data will include a part # or model # of the computer, but there will also be a 'Serial Number' in addition. Need all the data off the Compaq label.

If you have a printer, please provide all data off the Manufacturers label attached to the printer. If you want to do photos, I assume you will want to print your own pictures.

Regarding games, pogo and facebook, I will have look at their requirments; however, guessing, I think the 'game requirement' here is small compared to the 'high powered' video games that many members of this forum engage in ! ! This statement has to do with the 'computer requirements for games'. Ie, Pogo and facebook games, tech requirements not like the 'high power games'.

Back to the photos, one major suggestion. Borrow a camera from a neighbor and take some pics, or have the neighbor take the pics for you; then download the pics to your existing computer. Do pics of complicated subjects like houses, multiple buildings, complicated looking landscapes, etc., then download from the 'borrowed camera' and print them using your 'old' computer and your printer.

(1) Take a picture. (2) Download from the camera to your computer. (3) Try to measure the amount of time for the download from camera to computer. (4) Once downloaded to the computer, print the picture. (5) If possible, even roughly, measure the time required for the printing. Use your computer and your printer.
---------------
Repeat the above process using a different, preferably newer, computer and printer. By comparing old apparatus to newer apparatus, you should have a fair comparison of the old computer to a newer computer.

Hopefully, you have a neighbor with camera, newer computer and printer and you or the neighbor can shoot the same picture and use their computer and printer and compare to your results.

If you do not want to use a neighbor, and you have a Fed Ex Kinkos store relatively close, then use their computer and printer after using your computer and printer. Get a comparison this way.