PDA

View Full Version : On that ASUS M2N32

ajpikul
08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
There is this connector sitting just above PICe1 labeled "CD". It fits the connector at the end of one of the power supply cords... that tiny 4 pin at the end of the big 4 pins. What are both of these? Do they make sexy time together?

Jamie Nixx
08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3145/boardli3.jpg

The socket circled yellow, is this what you are on about Borat.

Your being a bit confusing, can you explain more...

ajpikul
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
nope.... but if you look an inch above it, and two inches to the left, you'll see the small horizontal male 4 pin with CD written to its left. Its exactly to the RIGHT (sorry i just edited that from LEFT) of the AAFP.

What i was saying about the power cords, was that the power cord has a female to fit it. I'm just not sure if its coincidence or not. But I can't figure out what either are for.

okay, so it says CD and I haven't looked at my CD drive yet... it hasn't come... but I don't see why/what/wherefor the motherboard would a) connect directly like that to the cd player and b) why would it have only one.

The Wise Monkey
08-22-2007, 03:29 AM
That is for the CD digital audio. That power connector should go to the PWR_FAN socket.

ajpikul
08-22-2007, 07:52 AM
The power connector seems too bigg for the PWR_FAN socket, squeezed between the CHIP_FAN and coin battery. I'm not really worried about it anyway cause I know it'll work despite.

The Wise Monkey
08-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Ahh, is it the power cable for the floppy driver?

ajpikul
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Man, I guess thats it- not that it matters anymore.

So I had I spent like 4 hours getting slackware running on it, my first real attempt at linux, and FINALLY I got it going... pretty soon after I was messing around with irssi and such it just flies into powersave mode and wont turn on no matter what. I dismantle the whole thing, overhaul, put it back together with just the ram, fan, processor and basic connections, turn it on, the thing starts FLAMING AND SMOKING, one of those chips between the two PCIe's... man what a drag, its warranty time, I'm calling newegg now.

Jamie Nixx
08-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Dude wtf did you do man :eek:

The Wise Monkey
08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Man, I guess thats it- not that it matters anymore.

So I had I spent like 4 hours getting slackware running on it, my first real attempt at linux, and FINALLY I got it going... pretty soon after I was messing around with irssi and such it just flies into powersave mode and wont turn on no matter what. I dismantle the whole thing, overhaul, put it back together with just the ram, fan, processor and basic connections, turn it on, the thing starts FLAMING AND SMOKING, one of those chips between the two PCIe's... man what a drag, its warranty time, I'm calling newegg now.

:O