PDA

View Full Version : Fleeting visit...

Jamie Nixx
04-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Hi all,

Was thinking about this place the other day, thought i would come back to the old haunt to see how things are!

So, how are things! :D

zburns
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Hey Jamie Nixx,

It is great to hear from you after some years. About five years ago, I used this site to do my first build, which has worked flawless since 'turning it on'. Many thanks for your advice and that of Wise Monkey; hope he is doing well!!

Without prying, can you tell us what both you and Wise Monkey are doing these days relating to computers?

I stayed with the site, mainly because I think it teaches over a period of time, most of the 'ins and outs' of computer building, components, etc.. Have really enjoyed it and learned a lot. If one 'advises on computer builds', then you have to know what you are talking about; that in turn forces research on various computer related topics much of the time.

Ricky Tick is the other moderator and does an excellent job. Occasionally, we have to talk to Rob. Sometimes we get 'intrusions' in the form of advertisers or folks wanting to just make mischief, and, they have to be deleted.

We do get a good number of new members wanting to do 'the new build' and Ricky and I strive to give them the best advice we can. The older members do come back with questions or problems on occasion.

That is about it!! It is really great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Say hello to WM for us!!

Zburns

Jamie Nixx
06-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey Jamie Nixx,

It is great to hear from you after some years. About five years ago, I used this site to do my first build, which has worked flawless since 'turning it on'. Many thanks for your advice and that of Wise Monkey; hope he is doing well!!

Without prying, can you tell us what both you and Wise Monkey are doing these days relating to computers?

I stayed with the site, mainly because I think it teaches over a period of time, most of the 'ins and outs' of computer building, components, etc.. Have really enjoyed it and learned a lot. If one 'advises on computer builds', then you have to know what you are talking about; that in turn forces research on various computer related topics much of the time.

Ricky Tick is the other moderator and does an excellent job. Occasionally, we have to talk to Rob. Sometimes we get 'intrusions' in the form of advertisers or folks wanting to just make mischief, and, they have to be deleted.

We do get a good number of new members wanting to do 'the new build' and Ricky and I strive to give them the best advice we can. The older members do come back with questions or problems on occasion.

That is about it!! It is really great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Say hello to WM for us!!

Zburns

Hi Zburns, i haven't forgotten you i am just snowed under with work. Yes i remember your build, i am glad it is still running well :D

Myself, i went to college, got my formal qualifications and i now run my own business, i do freelance I.T for a number of small businesses. It may be hard to believe but i am only 23! So much time has passed!

I work hard and i play hard and i am happy at the moment, but i will soon be looking at either I.T Project management roles within a large business or maybe expanding my current business and trying to sub contract out to medium sized businesses that can't afford to employ a dedicated I.T department.

Either way, for a number of years, sadly i completely lost interest in mega builds and desktops in general, i sold off pretty much all of my kit, some of which is now worth a small fortune, i sold off my Zalman watercooling systems, my unopened Dreadnaught boards and a host of other things.

This is what happens when a hobby becomes work, you lose interest because it just feels like an extension of work. A hobby is supposed to be fun. I have a very powerful i5 Laptop now with 6gb of memory which i barely use, my smartphone and my SSD caddy loaded with lots of very tasty software along with some tools is all i need to do my job. And as ashamed as i am, i have an Xbox 360 for my gaming needs.

However! I recently found out about a game/mod called DayZ. I watched some Youtube video's and its safe to say that the bug has bitten again. I am currently in the process of building a new machine, of which i will post up on here soon. I am also looking forward to playing the strategy games that you cannot get on consoles, and of course, FPS gaming has never felt right for me with a controller!!!

As for WM, i lost my first Steam login years ago so unfortunately i lost contact with him, i believe he is still on Xfire but i cannot remember my login, in fact i don't even know if Xfire exists anymore!

Now that i am coming back towards the PC gaming scene you should see more of me, i am looking forward to it.

Peace!