PDA

View Full Version : video card recommendations for multiple monitors

ilovefilms
03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I am building a new computer for my home office which I want to use for some gaming but mostly watching video and general office work. I want to connect two monitors and I keep seeing cards that have problem when trying to run two monitors so hoping for some advice from the pros here. Speed and memory in the system won't be a problem since I'll be running a 4.0ghz AMD with 32 gigs of memory. I am even willing to put in two matching graphics cards if necessary with possibly a crossfire. I am hoping to keep a single graphics card to under $200 or dual cards under $300. Any video card recommendations? I appreciate any input I get. Rick

RickyTick
03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Running dual monitors from a single video card is really quite simple, and once you go to dual monitors you'll never go back. It doesn't require Crossfire or SLI, and it doesn't require a powerful card, but if you're also wanting to do a little gaming, go ahead and get a decent single card setup.

For casual or moderate gaming, it's hard to beat GTX660 Ti. There are several high quality brands to choose from; MSI, EVGA, Zotac are all excellent.

The trick to setting up dual monitors is setting it up properly in Windows.
Follow through this http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx#fbid=jUFBdzi8ixX

Best of luck.

ilovefilms
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks. I know how to get two monitors to work on a system. It is just as I look at different video cards I am finding constant complaints about different ones working fine until they tried to hook up a second monitor to it so was just looking for recommendations on cards that seemed to handle two monitors without lots of glitches. Guess I'll just pick one that is getting lots of great reviews and see how it goes.

RickyTick
03-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Something like this would be perfect.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696

ilovefilms
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks.