PDA

View Full Version : Previous year's My Super PC recommendations

garrubal
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Are the recommendations for previous years' My Super PC available/archived anywhere? I realize these recommendations are not made on an "annual" basis, but I would like to know what was recommended in, say, 2012 or 2011. I suppose that could provide some avenues for saving some money.

zburns
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi garrubal, welcome to the Super PC forums:

I think it is pretty easy to do what you wish regards archives. Click on 'Forum' (top left) above; then click on 'Build Your Own PC' (about two inches below the word 'Forum'). At the new screen, look to the top right and you will see this: "Threads 1 to 20 of 1458 Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51...Last" This is what you want to work with. As an alternate, to get to the screen that shows this phrase or word/number sequence click on this url: http://forums.mysuperpc.com/forumdisplay.php?14-Build-Your-Own-PC You can get there other ways but when I was copying down the sequence 'Threads . . . . Last' I was on the 'url' I just provided in the previous sentence.

The archives go back as far as 2007 I think!!

I do not think you will save any money by looking at what can be old and out of date stuff. Technology advances so fast that today's new product is, four or five years from now, out of date -- does not mean 'todays' computer with 2013 components will not work well in 2018; it just means that in 2018 there will be much improved and better performing components compared to today's components. In consumer and business electronics this is always the case for the majority of electronic products.