PDA

View Full Version : My apologies and a question

edro20
08-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I am currently running Microsoft Flight Simulator X (10). I am bummed that I cannot even approach moving the performace sliders all the way up. I have the app. dialed down to near nothing and the game is still waay choppy.

Can any of you flight sim fans suggest a hardware config that would allow me to run MSFS X at full power with a good frame rate. Here's my stuff at present.

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3400+

Motherboard Name MSI K8N Neo (MS-7030) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce3 250Gb, AMD Hammer

Video Adapter RADEON 9600 SERIES (256 MB)

Disk Drive Maxtor 6L250R0 (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

I am running the integrated sound on the Mobo. No sound card.

Sorry for the noob question and any help will be greatly appreciated.

RickyTick
08-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry I can't find the link, but the Microsoft developers of Flight Sim X have stated that the game was designed for future hardware configurations. There is no current PC configuration that will allow the game to be played at full potential.

dadbuilt
08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
First off this site is for so called newbs so please don't downgrade us all unintentionaly just ask anything and everything you wish start with thanks guys then ask away. This is your site and mine and we are united here. No apologies needed .

P.S. I've been a student of mysu pc uni for 6-7 years and have built many systems and servers and still concider myself a so called newb.

dadbuilt
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
First off the video card you have is not going to cut it and although I am a true fan of AMD and have been a member of the now K.I.A. www.athonxp.com forums for true fan boys since 2000 the cpu you have, it's not going to cut it either for what you wish to do.