PDA

View Full Version : Stuck - Drives/Window Install

dprocter
12-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Hello, all,

I am building the current "My Super PC." I have precisely those components, and all are new. Everything was going fairly smoothly until I went to install Windows 7. The install utility will not install to the M4 SSD. Rather, I get an error message that Windows could not create or locate a system partition. My efforts to format the drive through the utility have done nothing.

Also, Windows does not present the HDD as a selection upon which to stall Windows.

Both the SSD and HDD are seen in the BIOS utility in their respective ports.

I cannot seem to find the problem and so am quite stuck. All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

D

RickyTick
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
The drives need to be initialized. Have you set the boot sequence in BIOS?

zburns
12-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello dProcter,

Did everything finally work out ok for you and are you 'up and running' !!! We are here to help. Happy New Year!!

dprocter
12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi, guys. Thank you for the responses. This morning, I wanted to make sure I could correctly state the error message and situation, so I booted with the Windows CD.

This time, when I got to the screen to select the install drive, the SSD was there with "Partition 1" and an error message that Windows could not install to the partition. I clicked on the advance disk choices and tried to format to no avail. Then, I noticed the "delete" option. I figured there was no harm, so I clicked it, and the SSD then showed as "unallocated space" (just as in the instructions). At long last, I could click on "next," and Windows installed normally.

The HDD still did not show up as an option to install Windows. However, it did show up in Windows after installation and formatted just fine.

So, with a bit of patience and clicking (and with a lot of instruction and research), we seem to be "up and running," indeed. Thanks!

D